The Festival of Martial Arts 2023
Terms and Conditions.
- General Ticket Terms
- Cancellation, Misuse and Refunds
- Covid – Keeping You Safe
- Pitch Types & Vehicle Booking Information
- Opening Times
- Campsite Rules
- Prohibited Items
- Challenge 25
- Dog Policy
Please read the information below carefully. This is where we explain what you agree to by purchasing a ticket for The Festival of Martial Arts known as FOMA for the remainder of this document; including conditions of entry to site, site rules, use of images, and terms and deadlines of payments. Terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
We may amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. You should check the website from time to time to review the current Terms & Conditions, as they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms & Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms: (a) located on particular pages at the website; or (b) notified to you, from time to time.
- GENERAL TICKET INFORMATION
- Ticket(s) purchased will be confirmed via email on the day of purchase.
- If there is a change of email address subsequent to ticket purchase, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to update their account details with FOMA, to ensure receipt of e-tickets.
- FOMA reserves the right to refuse admission, charge additional surcharges if the incorrect ticket has been purchased and may conduct security searches of persons and belongings on entry to the event to meet our duty of care and licensing conditions.
- FOMA reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased for any reason.
- All tickets are sold subject to availability and at the prices listed on the ticket page.
- All entrants to FOMA must be within the correct age bracket of tickets on the opening date of the event weekend attended. Identification checks may be requested, refusal of entry, or surcharges may be applied should a patron hold the wrong ticket type upon arrival to site.
- All patrons (adults, kids & Under 5s) must have the correct ticket type. All individuals are counted as a person(s) irrespective of age and must have a booked ticket.
- Access will be granted to the campsite for the full weekend (Friday 14:00 to Monday noon).
- Under 18’s cannot attend the event without an adult of 21 years or older as part of their group booking. In case of emergency, we need to ensure that we are able to care for under 18’s in their best interests and that may require us to take action immediately, for example medical treatment for a minor. Treatment may require permission from a legal guardian. The lead adult purchaser is the assumed responsible adult and guardian for any under 18’s they purchase tickets for. FOMA will assume loco parentis status of the lead adult purchaser. It is understood when booking that the loco parentis guardian for any minor at the event, and or campsite, are legally entitled to make decisions for that child in emergencies. It is the responsibility of any such guardian to have requested and been given permission by the legal guardian of the child to act as loco parentis in emergencies.
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by their associated guardian / adult upon entry to the campsite.
- FOMA reserves the right to change all, or any, arrangements concerning the event without notice or with any obligation whatsoever to refund.
- The live event dates (subject to licence approval) for FOMA 2023 are as follows: Friday 30th 2023 – Sunday 2nd July 2023.
- Provisionally the site opens at 14:00 for ticket holders and all public patrons must leave site by 12:00 on Monday.More detailed information and confirmation of opening times will be sent to ticket holders ahead of the event.
- Parking is on a first come first serve basis. Prime locations may fill early.
- Strictly no trading or other commercial activity by an attendee will be allowed on the site without the permission of FOMA organisers.
- As a condition of entry all attendees consent to being filmed, photographed, and recorded for legitimate public broadcast use and for security purposes.
- In the event of any breach of these Terms & Conditions, FOMA, its staff and agents reserve the right to cancel tickets, refuse admission, remove the holder, or to confiscate offending articles, as the case may be, and in any case, to retain any monies paid for the relevant ticket(s).
All purchasers and patrons agree to these conditions as part of the ticket buying process. The purchase of tickets and subsequent entry onto the event site constitutes an acceptance by the purchaser and all entrants of these terms and conditions and implies an undertaking on the part of those to observe them.
Tickets will not be valid unless purchased directly from FOMA.
Whilst we will make every effort to communicate any significant and specific changes to all, we again note it is the responsibility of ticket holders to check for updates to these terms and conditions.
- CANCELLATION, MISUSE AND REFUNDS
Although we will use all reasonable means to keep you informed of any cancellation, it is the ticket holders’ responsibility to establish whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event.
FOMA has no obligation to refund any monies or exchange tickets should the programme be altered, or varied, for any reason.
Tickets are sold “subject to license” approval.
Tickets refundable up to 4 weeks before the event minus the booking fee.
Tickets are non refundable after 4 weeks before the event under any circumstances other than:
- The cancellation of the event by FOMA
- The event is moved to another date which prohibits you from attending
- Customers are not able to attend due to current Covid-19, Government and Public Health England guidelines.
In the event of the unforeseen cancellation of the event, tickets may be transferable to a future event.
In the event of no longer being able to attend, tickets are not transferable to a future event.
Only tickets bought via the official website are valid. Avoid disappointment and fraud – please do not buy or sell tickets from anywhere else (forums, eBay, Viagogo, Gum Tree etc).
If tickets are found to have been listed, re-sold or transferred for profit, or commercial gain on any unofficial platform (for example being sold on eBay for more than the original face value), by anyone other than FOMA they will be voided, the holder refused entry and all tickets in the purchasers’ order will automatically become non-refundable.
Any refunds are for the face value of tickets purchased at the point of sale minus the £5 deposit.
This event is both indoor and outdoor and as such will be open to the elements. The event will continue to run through inclement weather so please make sure you and your party have appropriate clothing for this eventuality.
If an event of Force Majeure occurs which is outside the reasonable control of FOMA, the organisers shall notify the booker and or ticketholder specifying the nature, cause and likely effect of the Force Majeure event. FOMA will not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement (including cancelling the event) where such breach or failure to perform is as a result of a Force Majeure event.
“Force Majeure” means: (a) any cause preventing FOMA from hosting or staging the Event (in whole or part) or otherwise from entering the festival grounds due to any unavailability of the festival grounds or any actions or omissions of the festival grounds’ owner; and/or (b) where the following occurs or there exists a real likelihood or material threat of the following occurring: any other event, act, statute rule regulation or act of any government or any other legally constituted authority, non-happening, omission or accident (including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters acts of God, war (whether declared or not), threat of or preparation for war, terrorist activity, failure of public utilities or civil commotion, royal demise) beyond FOMA and it’s organisers reasonable control.
- COVID-19 – KEEPING YOU SAFE
We want you all to feel as safe as possible to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and event programme. Please communicate with the team any concerns and enjoy FOMA as much as possible!
- PITCH TYPES & VEHICLE BOOKING INFO
- All van pitches are 5m x 7m (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your vehicle is longer than 7m).
- Only one campervan is permitted per pitch.
- Caravans are not permitted on site.
- An additional tent, awning and or persons may be added to your booking, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Patrons are responsible for bringing their own campervan vehicles and the safety of them.
- There is no need to book a vehicle pass for coming onto site.
- There will be a free car park.
- Parking is on a strictly first come basis.
- No cars are allowed onto the main camping area.
- Furnished glamping pitches of bell tents are available.
- Shared shower facilities are available.
- Additional tents may be brought by patrons.
- Please see the website and ticket page for full details of glamping provision.
BRING YOUR OWN TENT PITCHES
- 4m x 4m pitches (designed for single tents) are available.
- Additional tents and or persons may be added to your booking, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Please note fire pits must be at least 3m from any structure.
- OPENING TIMES
- Provisionally the site and campsites open at 14.00 Friday for ticket holders and all public patrons must leave site by 12:00 on Monday. Except for early arrivals (staff) ticket holders will be admitted on Thursday from 14:00. The gates close at 19:00 each evening. More detailed information and confirmation of opening times will be sent to ticket holders ahead of the event.
- No guests or visitors are permitted on site – only ticket holders will be admitted
- As well as a pitch booking individual person tickets must be bought for every individual attending the event. All tickets must be named and contact details provided when confirming your booking (or in advance of e-tickets being sent out).
- You should arrive and follow the instructions of event staff and signage.
- CAMPSITE RULES
Site rules apply to all areas of the event site including car parks. They also include and are supplemented by any published information and or amendments via email, event websites, on site notices and by any other official agents or output of the company. Site rules must be observed at all times.
We reserve the right to eject and evict individuals or groups, for the contravention of these site rules, or for any reason whatsoever, at the discretion of FOMA event staff.
- There will be little artificial night- time lighting (beyond the food traders, services, bar area and main street festoon). This is in part to avoid light pollution and protect the natural beauty of the experience. Please bring your own lamps and torches.
- Access to certain areas of the estate will be restricted and some areas will only be open between specified times due to other public functions on the estate. Patrons must abide by the timings and respect open and closed locations.
- No sound systems, amplified music, ghetto blasters etc. are allowed on site, other than personal speakers. These may be brought to the event and used privately but must be used considerately, with respect to other campsite guests. Patrons must follow the campsite noise policy, and all patrons must cease using any personal speakers at the request of event staff. Misuse may result in the confiscation of equipment and or eviction from site.
- A policy of “low noise” (considered to be normal speaking volume) will be adopted from 21.00 in the campsite, at the judgement and discretion of event staff.
- A policy of “no noise” (inaudible to campsite neighbours) from 23.00 is expected in the campsite.
- A site speed limit of 5 mph must be adhered to at all times.
- There will be strict vehicle movement restrictions during the event. Please do not leave the site until Monday morning if at all possible.
- No public vehicles are permitted to enter the campsite hub area at any time.
- Personal identification must be shown upon request.
- Anti-social, abusive, violent, threatening or predatory behaviours will not be tolerated.
- FOMA have a no drugs policy.
- Our eviction policy includes the use of nitrous oxide.
- There are no dogs allowed this year.
- You may bring alcohol for personal consumption (but we hope as many as possible will support our independently and ethically sourced bar and food traders on site).
- Please do not bring glass bottles to the campsite. Decant liquid into plastic before you arrive. This is a family event so there’ll be lots of tiny bare-feet running around everywhere!
- Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings including toilets, tents and venues. This includes e-cigs & vaping.
- Disposable BBQ’s are not allowed.
- Fire damage to any pitch or infrastructure will result in extra reparation and damage charges. The lead booker for any pitch is liable for any charges should they be required.
- Fires must be at least 2m from any tent and 3m from any vehicle.
- Fires, BBQs and cooking stoves are not permitted in any tents (including glamping accommodation) or car parks.
- Fires must be attended at all times and kept well away from gas canisters and cookers.
- Event staff may extinguish any unattended or non-compliant fires. Charges may apply.
- Drones are allowed with permission of the organisors.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Floating / sky lanterns
- Non-personal / excessive amounts of cigarettes or rolling tobacco
- Non-personal / excessive amounts of alcohol
- Any items with an intention to retail without prior arrangement
- Nitrous Oxide
- Sound systems
- Body piercing equipment
- CHALLENGE 25
FOMA and the event landlord operate a proof of age scheme called Challenge 25, whereby an accepted form of photographic identification shall be requested before any alcohol is sold to any person who appears to be under 25 years of age. Acceptable proof of age shall include identification bearing the customers photograph, date of birth and integral holographic mark or ultra-violet security measure.
Suitable means of identification would include PASS approved proof of age card, photo card driving licence and passport.
We want FOMA to be a safe space in all ways and strongly believe that everybody has the right to enjoy the campsite experience free from harassment, aggressions, abuse or intimidation. If you experience any of the above, please report to any member of the festival team who will deal with it discreetly.
We are committed to ensuring that FOMA is an inclusive space for all and welcome feedback on how we can improve on these efforts.
Every person who attends FOMA has a shared responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviours and promote inclusivity. This is a community, and everybody is welcome.
Please email to discuss any accessibility support that may be required.
- DOG POLICY
There are no dogs allowed at the event excluding registered personal assistance dogs (guide dogs).
- FOMA can accept no responsibility for any personal property.
- Photographers and videographers will be on site, capturing images and video recordings of the event, including all patrons. The audience has no rights to these images, and FOMA or any authorised third party is entitled to free use of these images and recordings in any reasonable manner without claim.
- Only those with approved trade stands may sell goods at the event.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review regularly for any changes.
All of these terms and conditions are governed by English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.